Thursday, June 17, 2004

Born Free

[9.57 pm. home. mozart]

Born free, as free as the wind blows
As free as the grass grows
Born free to follow your heart

(Born Free - Andy Williams )

This morning a word flashed in my mind.
Free.
I saw a dokar. Actually I more interested with the horse.
When I see horse, I always think it as a symbol of freedom.
Maybe coz I love to see them run at the field. Slow motion effect.
So free and beutiful.
I can't describe it.
Often imagine I ride on it. Green field. Beautiful sky. Bright day. Wind blow my hair. No one. Just me and my horse.
Begin to think, maybe horse is 2nd or 3rd animals I love, after DOGS and dolphin.

Free is the topic of the day.
As my quotation. It's lyric from Born Free song.
I like that song & (movie too).

I often feel, my parents curbed me (as a woman).
Yeah...they kind of conventional type.
Don't come home late (esp if I go out w/ my bf), different when I hang out w my friends.
Sometimes they offer to pick me up after office hour, or at least tell my sist 2 do that.
I dont like it!
Yes,thx 4 care, but I prefer to choose when I get back, though by bemo.
Dont do this or that...bla bla...etc etc.
Often think to against the rules.

Why as women, people see us differently.Comparing with men, offcourse.
Why we (women) in Indo esp, have to get married soon.
If we don't, people will watch us with lift eyebrow.
Hey! Why r u stilll single? or...
When u'll get merried?
When..when..when... (sometimes I get bored hear that).
What's u people problem,huh?
So what if I'm not merried now.
It's my own business. It's my life!

Nobody perfect.
Today I found that eventhough my friends are already engaged, they aren't 100% "click" with their couple.
The person whom they together with doesn't suit w/ their criteria.
There's no Mr. Right (is Mr. Right only in Cinderella story??)
Vei said that she hate men! (hahaha...) How bout her bf?
If I wait for Mr.Rigt I won't get merried at all.
If they can, and can choose, they prefer not merried. I assume they HATE it!
Expensive cost, prepare breakfast - dinner. (Annoying) children.
The point is...they r not FREE anymore.

But still there's my friend, who r get dizzy bcoz she miss men in her life.
Well, I think, when we get older...our criteria for men get more simple.
Able n want 2 work, and care (most important 4 me, he loves God). That's the bottom line.

Stay free, where no walls divide you
You're free as the roaring tide
So there's no need to hide

2 Comments:

Blogger ximen said...

hahaha...someone wanna be free here ;D
we are all free but free is an abstract things that none of us can describe it what is 'free' exactly.

speaking about parents, that's their job!!! sometimes we (as their child) dont understand or cannot see clearly that must be something or meaning behind all of that. so many times we see it as a unreasonable rules...conventional things...or even worse, stupid rules that created in purpose by our parents to limited our freedom as an individual.

well, we just have to open our mind more often :) every person must through that stage, i guess...but in the end, each of us, someday will do the same things like our parents do rite now :) we just have to change a lil'bit the way we see in it :)

well, lucky me that my parents slap me when i was so young...so i can see clearly that parents' rules nothing to do with freedom and its limitation hehehe

about married, yeah i also agree that some eastern ppl hold that stupid views and think that we hv to understand coz they trapped in traditional culture that make us as a product of society. and that things to do with fertility. so we cannot put all blame to them as well :)

anyway, in my humble opinion, just take this life easier as can be...and try to innovate the way you see and think about something then you will have more points to evaluate :D

unless you will miserable for the whole of your life coz all of these un-fair-ness, double standard and those crab stupid silly suck things that we have to deal with it in this world...

coz i consider my self as an idealist person as well...which is hv lots of objection on many things hehehe...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Olive said...

Wah..wah..wah..Jus we're the same, you know that I write about the same things too before, so I think you have knew my opinion about this :) About "bakti" this word, I have a new article about this, so wait a moment, maybe next week you can read about this ;)
Just be what u r and do the best we can :) coz I think we are a good child (not like really really bad boys) We just have our own opinion. Just it !!! :)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home