Thursday, August 19, 2004

Wonderful Rafting

17 August.
Our independence day! What did u do'? Upacara???
NOPE! RAFTING dude!! (we didnt celebrate it, but it's 4 our own excitement). Who cares about "upacara" things??
At last, my dream come true.

We had to prepare @ 6 a.m, @ my house.
Jon came earliest with his red sleepy eye
5.45 already, and still Jon the only one. So i called Edwin, he waited for Henry "Kumis" (who always late).
Called Shinta, she also waited for Iwan.
Huh...late again
Vanie & Eren came later, followed by Eddy, a guy from Songa who was became our driver.

Jon brought his digicam (it's already become part of him as u know) & insisted me to brought mine too. At first I was worried if my camera will be broken, or wet..or even worst, lost, etc..etc.
He kept insist bcoz his battery cant keep enough power. But after get info from Eddy, i decided to brought mine. Not so long, Edwin n Kumis arrived, followed by Shinta n Iwan.
Shortly, after a lil' bit mess up when arrange our seats we began our journey around 6.30 Actually they picked us up by kijang, but it had some troubles, so they exchange the car with espass.
Not in comfortable position, esp i shared the same seat w/ Edwin so i just got narrow space
Stopped by @ Bromo Asri to had breakfast. Big n wide resto. Clean as well.
So relieved bcoz i could straighten my back.phiuuh...
Change positions. Better.

[Arrived @ Songa]
Dunno what time exactly we arrived there. But from parking field, we walked about 5' to rafting prep ground.
Drank "Teh botol Sosro" (without its struck). As usually, Jon act like papparazi.
I met Andre, my senior at STTS (we had different faculty). I known him on OSPEK session. We exchange phone number.
He already participate this rafting event 3 times, and told some tips for us.

We devided into 2 groups, each consist of 4 of us.
Group 1: Jon, Edwin, Iwan and me (with dry bag contain of our camera)
Group 2: Vanie, Eren, Kumis and Shinta
Before it's begin, they gave short briefing first about commands will be used.
Songa river has 35 cascades. The greatest cascade is called God Bless cascade.
It's dry season now, so the river flow isn't as rapid as rainy season, so is the water debit.


@ start point

Anyway, it's so FUN!
After we succeed through a cascade, we did a toss! Very exciting.
We also played tricky game. If we met another boat, we attacked them by made them wet with our oars.

Then, we jumped from a bridge. First, I felt a lil' bit unsure.
The bridge was tall enough. Maybe 5m, or more.
But a little guy, one of the guy at my boat, offer to jump with me.
Uhmm..ok then.
We hold hands, and JUMP!
WIIIIIIHhhhh....Never done it in my life!
WOW! I was so excited.
My friends jumped one by one, and Edwin too.
I know that he scared of height, it need courage to jump. I'm really appreciate his attempt and gave encourage to him (during that, me n Jon still had a chance to pose for the camera ).

Continued our adventure.
On every cascade we've been through, our guides gave short explanation to us. Sometimes we met s. Our imagination flew everywhere. We were imagine as we're in LOTR scene. There're orcs chased us. Jon & Iwan were acting like they can take a picture by their eyes & teeth (oh boy).
After we passed through God Bless (the greatest one), there's another game. Tarzan, one of our guides asked whether we agreed if they made the boat upside down. Hei..no need to ask. Sure we do! So, after a quick brief, they did it.
And, as fast as a blink, we were floating again and let ourselves adrift with the flow.
Gosh...i'm really enjoy it.


Great!

After that, we had a break. Drank degan and ate some klepon. Usually I
don't have an appetite to try it. But at that time i tried to eat it. Not bad, especially if
you're wet. Unfortunately, mine was the old coconut, so i couldn't eat it. Besides, Jon made me busy bcoz I had to took his action (dasar Jon..hehehe).
After we arrived at finish point, we still had many ideas how to pose in front of camera...hehe..


End with big smile

There's funny thing.
When I take a bath, I heard Jon scream. His precious digicam fell (for the 1xxx times...hahhaha).
I just cant stand not to lol (sorry Jon :P). Actually, for his camera sake, he wrap it with his towel during rafting session, but it seemed he forgot it :P Clumsy Jon. We has the same thought, that his camera ought to registered in MURI.

Every start has an end, so was our rafting adventure. Lucky us, lots of photos to remember this precious moment(thx to Jon, Eddy, Tarzan, Jabrix, n the others). It's so nice that we could back to our childhood. Left the office and forgot our boring routine tasks. I felt like I was in Far Far Away country (remember Shrek??). If it happen as my will, I wont get back to reality (but I realized that it just my stupid wish. If it really happen to me, I will get bored too). Mankind never satisfied with what they have (sigh).
Anyway, we're so please that day, and intend to get back someday.


1 Comments:

Blogger Carla Chanliau said...

The adventure sounds cool!!! Got another cool adventure elsewhere but last weekend was absolutely not a plain one!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home